Hotel and Lodging
The A*Town Rumble is pleased to announce the official 2018 hotel will again be the La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport located at 833 New Loudon Road (US Route 9), Latham, NY 12110. The hotel is just 10 minutes from downtown Albany and half mile from Interstate 87. Get on your scooter and arrive in minutes to all Rumble events and venues. The hotel is also the location for the Saturday night awards banquet.
LaQuinta is offering an unbeatable discount price for all rally attendees of $99 per night for single, double, triple and even Quadruple occupancy rooms. That’s right – you can get a room for as low as $25 per person, per night, quadruple occupancy.
To reserve your room, please contact the hotel directly at 518-640-2200, and request the “A-Town Rumblers” Rate. Room availability is limited and will be sold on a first come basis. The offer will end upon sellout or on June 6, 2018 – whichever comes soonest. Please reserve early to avoid disappointment. If cancellation of this booking becomes necessary, to avoid forfeiture of any deposits paid or payment of penalties, the hotel must receive written notification by June 6, 2018.
Your rates include the following complimentary services and features:
- Free Bright Side Breakfast® featuring waffles, hot and cold cereals, pastries, juice, milk and coffee
- Free high-speed Internet access
- Comfy beds
- In-room hair dryer, coffee maker, iron and full-size ironing board
- Television with premium channels, movies and video games
- Guest Laundry facilities
- Swimming pool
From the back lot, turn right onto Old Loudon Road and proceed 0.2 miles to the Mobil station on the corner of Route 2 (Troy-Schenectady Road). To return, turn right onto School Street, which curves right to take you back to Old Loudon Road.
- Circle Diner, 0.2 miles south, northeast corner of the circle (accessible from School Street; no need to get on the circle) [more]
- J.J. Rafferty’s, 0.2 miles north, east side of Route 9 [more]
- Bob and Ron’s Fish Fry, 0.3 miles southeast, north side of Route 2 [more]
- Little Bites ’n More, 0.3 miles southeast, north side of Route 2 [more]
- Ala Shanghai Chinese, 0.3 miles southeast, south side of Route 2 [more]
- Price Chopper, 0.3 miles north, east side of Route 9. Has a large food court, sells beer, and is accessible from New Loudon Road. [more]
- Red Robin and McDonald’s, 0.5 miles north, west side of Route 9, across from Price Chopper. On the return trip, you will need to either cross Route 9 into the New Loudon (Price Chopper) plaza, thence to Old Loudon Road, or else loop around the Latham Circle.
- Another diner and plenty of chain restaurants can be found within a few miles’ radius, most on Route 9, Route 2, or Route 7 (west of the Northway/I-87).
Old Loudon Road is the scooterist’s friend!
Click map to enlarge
No tags for this post.